Boiler implicated in bathroom fire

Published:  16 June, 2010

An asthmatic woman suffered possible smoke inhalation in her home after a fire thought to be caused by a boiler.

An asthmatic woman suffered possible smoke inhalation yesterday after a bathroom fire in her home in Helsby, West Cheshire.

Cheshire Fire & Rescue Service attended the accident to find a fire involving a boiler. The fire was extinguished using a hose reel and a positive pressure ventilation fan.

The crew explained that a smoke alarm was fitted to the ground floor, but failed to activate as the fire was on the first floor.

Subsequently, a Home Safety Assessment was carried out by the crew before they left the premises.