Singer's life saved by grandfather in CO scare

Published:  11 February, 2011

A plumber said Charlotte Church's grandfather saved her and her two children's lives after a faulty boiler leaked carbon monoxide into her £1.3 million mansion in south Wales.

A plumber said Charlotte Church's grandfather saved her and her two children's lives after a faulty boiler leaked carbon monoxide into her

The 24-year-old singer was complaining of headaches for several weeks without obvious cause before her grandfather suggested carbon monoxide (CO) could be the reason.

He installed a CO detector in Church's five-bedroom home, which she moved into last July. According to reports, a friend said: "When [Church] heard the alarm go off, she called a plumber, who said her granddad saved her life.

"She had no idea that the boiler was playing up."

The friend added: "She is probably lucky that the house is so big and airy and the boiler is a long way from the living area. But she knows she had a lucky escape."