Installer charged over carbon monoxide death

Published:  07 June, 2011

An installer has been charged over the death of a 24-year old woman who died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Police have charged a man with the manslaughter of a woman who is thought to have died in her Bath home as a result of a faulty gas boiler.

Zoe Anderson, 24, was a neuroscience graduate, and was initially thought to have slipped in the shower, but is now believed to have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Andrew Hartley, 36, of Radstock, also faces two charges of contravening gas safety regulations.

He has been bailed and will appear before Bath magistrates later this month.

One of the charges against Hartley alleges that he installed a gas boiler "in a manner that constituted a danger to persons using the boiler" and that he "failed to verify that it was in a safe condition".

Sign Up

Sign up to our weekly eNewsletter to receive all the latest news direct to your inbox